Photo editing is now possible using different programs such as adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Corel draw etc. Photo editing software can sometimes be strenuous to work with but they enhance the creativity in photographers.
There are a variety of photo editing practices that will transform greatly your pictures to an extent. Either getting rid of unnecessary parts from picture, extracting dust, marks and spots or resizing the image properly are among many editing strategies.
There are lots of stages in editing. Presently I will be discussing some photo editing tricks to try at home. These include getting rid of common errors in photos:
1. Tinting the Image – This is changing of color temperature of photo to make the subject emerge greener. The green look will make the colors become cooler, and this will certainly create a vintage look that features a lot of influence on individuals.
Tweak the contrast of the photo, and fine-tune the slider setting that regulates the whole tint. Normally, image editors allow users to adjust the tint of images without the need to work on certain areas of the image.
2. Stylizing Action – To make an action photograph look more dynamic, you will need to make duplicates of your original photo and change the color pattern so that you will have different color scales to work with. Primarily green or blue tints are good for dynamic, stylized action snapshots. The blurring effect is attained once the stylized photo duplicates are placed together in a layer.
3. Black & White – Vintage style is still in vogue, due to the fact individuals are frequently bombarded by color selection. A black and white picture works well when you are trying to lay emphasis on the actions your subject is performing. High contrast images have a tendency to underemphasize the background, therefore make sure you alter the brightness level and white balance in order to achieve the correct balance of light and color in your final output.
4. Pre-set Filters – Instagram and a variety of smart phone photo editing applications use pre-set filters to adjust color temperature and contrast level of images. Fill free to use your iPhone or Android device to take snapshots!
With the available photo editing tools you will be able to express and make editing even if you are away from your PC or Mac. My advice for you is to constantly take pictures using the highest possible settings.
You can always take off pixels from an image, however adding pixels once image is shot is impossible that’s the reason professional photographers prefer taking pictures in the RAW format, regardless of whether it takes up plenty of storage space in the memory card.
5. Sharpen Images – Digital sharpening through Photoshop and other similar program eradicates noise but also at the expense of some of the detail of the photos.
Hence, if you are going to sharpen your picture, it is advisable to focus on certain areas instead of the full image. This is to help retain dramatic parts of expression. Initially, it may not seem much, but when it comes to realistic look, excessive sharpening can affect the reality and quality of your pictures.